The Best But how do you choose the very best nutritional supplements or even know what's in them? Our focus is on quality, purity, potency. Shouldn't that be your focus, too? Our quality control standards actually exceed FDA mandates. We source only the best raw materials for our nutritional supplements. Our products always give you the most nutritional potency for your dollar. We develop science-based supplements you simply won't find anywhere else.
Folate is a member of the B-complex family. It is found in abundance in leafy green vegetables. Folate participates in a coenzyme reaction that synthesizes DNA needed for cell growth and new cell formation, and helps convert vitamin B12 to one of its coenzyme forms.1-4
Folate provides the following health benefits:
- Helps promote healthy DNA function5
- Maintains already normal homocysteine levels, which is important for heart health6-9
- Promotes healthier skin10,11
- Helps maintain a healthy GI tract12,13
- Is part of a healthy immune system14,15
- Maintains healthy endothelial function16
- Improves mild memory loss associated with aging17
Optimal levels of folate are necessary for healthy cell division and protein synthesis and are especially important for the maintenance of a healthy GI tract. The systemic need for folate increases in certain states in which increased cell multiplication is needed. Chronic use of medications such as aspirin in therapeutic doses and antacids can interfere with the metabolism of folate.18
Vitamin B12 is found in foods of animal origin, including dairy products and eggs. Thus, vegetarians are more susceptible to a dietary deficiency of this important nutrient. With aging, absorption of vitamin B12 from dietary sources typically declines.
- Supports brain health and cognition as one ages19
- Supports heart health by regenerating the amino acid methionine which helps maintain healthy homocysteine levels20-23
- Supports nervous system function as vitamin B12 and folate together help maintain the integrity of the myelin sheath of nerves
- Helps enhance methylation and promote nerve cell growth, brain health, cognition and metabolism
- Works with folate to maintain the production of red blood cells (erythropoiesis) within normal range
BioActive Folate & Vitamin B12 capsules contain the biologically active forms of folate (as 5-methyltetrahydrofolate) and vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin).
- 5-methyltetrahydrofolate or 5-MTHF is the metabolically active form of folic acid—it is the only form of folate used directly by the body and does not require metabolic conversion or activation. 5-MTHF is seven times more bioavailable than folic acid. 5-MTHF can cross the blood-brain barrier which allows 5-MTHF specifically to benefit the neurological system.
- Methylcobalamin is the bioactive form of B12 that is readily utilized in the body and the central nervous system.
Note: Healthful diets with adequate folate may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord defect. Women of childbearing age should consume 800 mcg of folate daily
Suggested Use Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use. Take one (1) capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner